We offer the internationally acclaimed Circle of Security (COS) Parenting Program for parents of children (aged 0-5 years).
COS parenting, is a group program, and is available in either an 8, 12, 16 or 20-week format.
The course is designed to assist caregivers who are experiencing behavioural or emotional struggles with thier children.
Please contact us for group availability.
A Sixteen Week Reflective Parenting Program for Parents of Children (aged 1-5)
What is the program about?
The program aims to support and strengthen the parent-child relationship.
What are the benefits for you?
• Facilitated by an accredited facilitator
• Provide you with the opportunity to reflect on your own experience of being parented and how this may influence your ways of parenting
• Come to understand your child's emotional world by learning to read your child's emotional needs.
• Support your child's ability to successfully manage emotions.
• Enhance the development of your child's self-esteem.
• Share and connect with other parents and benefit from growing together in emotionally focussed parenting.
Beginning Tuesday June 4, 2019 for sixteen weeks
Bulk billing available for eligible clients
Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided.
This is a closed group which builds on learning expereinces from week to week, so commitment to attend is expected.
You will need a health care plan from your GP to participate in this group therapy program.
Limited childcare provided
Need further information ... watch the video clips below.
Welcome to Circle of Security Parenting. This clip is an excerpt from the COS 8-week program.
A Tour of the Circle
At the heart of the Circle of Security is the art of Being-With your child. This capacity includes knowing what gets in the way, something we call Shark Music.
Today's parents are constantly pressured to be perfect. In striving to do everything right, we might just risk missing what children really need for lifelong emotional security.
The key to secure parenting is connection